Friday, March 07, 2008

More postings from said website...

Posted on 2/20:

Well I'm day 8 out from surgery and all is pretty good. I had my staples removed today and replaced with steri-strips. I got up from the table, walked out of the exam room, and promptly had a vagal response!

I turned as white as their lab coats, got sweaty, cold and clammy, and nearly passed out. The doc (not mine, he's on vacation) and a nurse practically carried me back into the room where I lay down and was fed juice and crackers until my BP came back to the realm of living and I felt better.

About 15 minutes later, I slowly walked out of the office and my partner drove home. Got home and went to bed, napping for about 2-3 hours. I've spent the rest of the day between the bedroom and living room, mostly with a TV remote in my hand.

Since I was at a rehab, I had the visiting nurse come by today who declared I'm alive and only need her one more time per protocol. I'll also have a visit from physical therapy to prove I can walk again. Oh, and it seems I've lost about 15 lbs! I'm sure some is the soccer ball of ute and tumor I just lost, but I can't discount a liquid diet for 3 days and healthy food in rehab. Regardless, it's 15 lbs, dammit!

Had my big excursion tonight to Linens and Things for curtains then to the local "farm" store with a buffet for dinner - chicken orzo soup and wild rice salad. Woohoo!

Pain-wise I'm doing ok. I live in constant pain from my disability, so I have a really high tolerance to begin with. I'm only taking 1 or 2 Dilaudid a day and doing fine with that.

Pictures? Hell yeah! I have pictures of my ute and more of the weird, huge tumors I had. Definitely proves the hyst was the best decision to make. If anyone wants to see the gory pics, let me know and I'll send them.

No, not gonna post them to Blogger...not everyone can handle it. If you want to see them or the "don't fuck up" pics, let me know and I'll send them

No comments: