Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Damn Mechanics

Ok, so this is my first official rant. It's a relatively minor issue, but annoying none-the-less.

I took my car in to get the brakes worked on. I take it to a real mechanic, not the grease hounds at the oil change joints. Those places are fine for an oil change, dealing with tires or something basic, but not real mechanic work. I want a guy working on my car who actually gives a shit about the work he does, not some kid who doesn't have a vested interest in the business. I left the car there around 1pm with the expectation that it would be done by 4pm. Now they know that I rely on my car big time for my work and they know I took the day off so my car could get worked on and I wouldn't have to rent a car for the day. Theye also know I needed it back by 4, 4:30 at the latest so I could get to an appointment. I called at 4 and the guy is out of the shop PICKING UP PARTS! Call me crazy, but when I gave them the information about my car LAST WEEK, they should have had all the necessary parts ready, not to mention, it was 3 hours later and they still hadn't done anything but pull off the tires?! Needless to say, I had to cancel my appointment, something I hate doing.

He just called, my car is finally ready. No idea what the ultimate cost will be, but he only had to replace the front rotors, something I knew was needed. Now I can stop my car...what a novel concept.

1 comment:

Estelle said...

Well that must have been annoying.
I am so glad you have a blog! I will link to it when I get around to updating my template, but i will be checking in often!