Sunday, December 03, 2006

Debbie's knee

Debbie finally got the results of the long-awaited MRI on her knee. She injured it about 6 weeks ago in a car accident and it took this long for worker's comp to approve it. Fuckers.

She needs surgery. This is not surprising, since the doctor was pretty sure she had torn something. He just didn't know what. The MRI showed several pieces of cartilage floating around in her knee. I'm guessing there's much more damaged that he'll find when he goes in. The instability and swelling have to be coming from more than one cause.

The surgery is scheduled for Dec 28th and I plan to take that day and the next off. By the time the long weekend is over, she should be mobile enough for me to go back to work. When I told the office scheduling goddess, she said I should run it by our boss since another interpreter in the region is also off that week. I told her I'd talk to him, but I still plan to take the time. It's not exactly a vacation and it's not my problem or fault if she can't fill requests. Didn't tell her that part. Not that stupid.

No comments: